About WorldWide Electric:
WorldWide Electric is a national distributor of electric motors, motor controls and gearing both in private labeled lines and manufacturer’s brand labels, some of which are well known throughout the world.
The objective for this position is to facilitate growth in the sales of Motor Controls Products. This position will provide support for to WWE Staff as well as customers in the areas of Motor Control Products including loose controls, enclosed starters, variable frequency drives, soft starters, and across the line starter packages. The Application Engineer will also support Product Management for assigned duties. Strong communication skills are required as this position will be working with customers with varying skill levels.
Typical duties/responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Act as a Subject Matter Expert for Motor Controls, including Variable Frequency Drives and Soft Starters.
• Provide technical expertise in support of the sales team, sales channel, product engineering, R&D and our end customers.
• Support the sales team with customer presentations and demonstrations by serving as the product expert.
• Support customers with the commissioning of drives and soft starters. This will include over the phone and on-site visits.
• Support Product Management in the release and implementation of new products, maintenance of existing product lines.
• Assist Technical Support with troubleshooting assistance for difficult problems. This will include over the phone and on-site visits.
• Periodic after-hours phone support as needed.
• Participate in product training sessions at channel partner sites, customer sites, and regional locations.
• Support customers with the commissioning of drives and soft starts. This will include over the phone and on-site visits.
• Be a resource to Inside and Outside Sales personnel for any technical or product information that might facilitate sales of controls products.
• Work with management regarding customer trends and product topics to ensure proper offering of control products.
• Work with Technical Support group to improve access to relevant information and product knowledge to all parties.
• Assist department with documentation and organization of department files and information.
• Be proficient in all WWE computer tools.
• Assist in defining other needs in the Support / Service Departments for Motor Controls topics.
• Additional duties may be assigned.
• Associates degree and 5+ years of practical experience with Motor Controls.
• A working knowledge of the proper specification of Motor Controls in an industrial application.
• Previous experience responding to common inquiries or complaints from customers.
• Strong people skills and experience working in a team environment.
• Candidates should be self-motivated, driven for success, and improvement oriented.
• Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for Worldwide Electric Corp LLC in the US.
• Equal Employment Opportunity at Worldwide Electric Corp LLC.
Professionalism and integrity are a must. We seek only those individuals who are serious about their work and desire to advance in a sales role within the company. We work in a fast-paced, fun environment where we focus on sales results, employee education and career advancement. We desire individuals with a ‘team player’ attitude, great communication skills, inherent customer savvy and a strong work ethic.